Always focused on a positive culture and continuous growth, Summit 360 is searching for a Computer Hardware Technician. This Technician position is the perfect opportunity for the motivated, hardworking individual!
As a Computer Hardware Technician, you will be responsible for disassembly, reassembly, and configuration of used servers and data storage equipment. You will also test components such as hard drives, RAM modules, power supplies, and network cards. You will be working with HPE, Dell, and IBM equipment. The position requires an ability to multi-task with competing priorities and to work productively in a fast-paced, changing environment. This is a great entry-level opportunity to join a driven, hardworking team and company!
Be Ready To…
- Disassemble and reassemble used servers, computers, laptops, and data storage devices
- Evaluate, document, and report the condition and configuration of used servers, computers, laptops, and data storage devices
- Test computer/server hardware components such as hard drives, RAM, network cards, power supplies, processors, etc.
- Configure HP, Dell, and IBM servers and data storage devices
- Configure RAID
- Install Operating Systems as needed
- Lift, carry, and move computer equipment up to 50 lbs on a consistent basis
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring to Summit 360:
- Associate’s or Technical Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or applicable field (relevant work experience)
- Familiarity with computer hardware required
- Detail-oriented, excellent time management skills, driven work ethic, and ability to prioritize to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to successfully deal with questions and resolve issues individually and as a team
- Must be able to stand for extended period and lift 50 pounds
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Must be mechanically inclined, hands-on, and have good hand-eye coordination
- Must be customer-centric with integrity, have a positive attitude and friendly demeanor
What We Do for You:
- Competitive Compensation. We hire well, so we pay well. Why do it any other way?
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off) Plan & Paid Holidays. Have a life outside of work! We beg you!
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits. We want our people to be healthy and happy.
- Company-sponsored short-term, long-term disability & life insurance. If something happens, you will not need to worry.
- Ensuring that after a long career with us, you will be taken care of.
- Casual Dress Policy. We value individuals and individual choice.
- Modified Summer Schedule. We get our work done in fewer hours so we can start the weekend early.
- Financial assistance for professional development opportunities. We want our company and our people to grow together.
- Fun company-wide outings. Because it’s important to connect outside the office!
- Company Volunteer Opportunities. Help us give back to our community on company time.
But don’t take our word for it! For five consecutive years, we were recognized by Minnesota Business Magazine as one of the "100 Best Minnesota Businesses to Work For."
We also offer our employees all the opportunities that come with intensive growth. In summer 2021, we expanded our business by establishing a brand new ITAD facility, and we plan to continue expanding our business. Help us reach our goals! Our rigorous pace has been recognized by:
- The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal's "Fast 50” in 2016
- The Inc. 5000 group’s 2016 & 2018 "Fastest Growing Private Companies in the United States.”
We are an established and growing IT equipment reseller that conducts business with high ethics, integrity, and the most possible customer focus. If you are looking for a solid company that cares about its employees, come work with us!
Visit us at www.summit360.com to learn more about our company!
Summit 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We pride ourselves on hiring the best person for the job, regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, or national origin. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on these categories.